Eastern Railway was formulated on 14th April 1952 by amalgamation of Bengal – Nagpur Railway and East India Railway. It covers the railway network in entire East India extending up to Bangladesh border.
Name of Post:
Railway Recruitment Cell, Eastern Railway has invited applications from promising candidates for recruitment against Scouts and Guides quota in
- Category – I (Group C)
- Category – II (Group D (Erstwhile))
Nature of The Post:
All the posts shall be filled against scouts and guides quota and their eligibility criteria.
Total Number of Vacancies:
Total vacancies offered are 02 for Category – I and 08 for Category – II. However they are distributed according to quota as per rules of Eastern Railway.
Date of notice publication: 04-01-2013
Last date for receipt of applications: 08-02-2013 1700 Hrs
Last date for receipt of applications (in far flung areas): 25-02-2013
For Category – I (technical trade) candidate must possess education of Matriculation or equivalent with 50% marks.
For Category – I (non technical trade) candidate must have Act Apprenticeship/ ITI diploma. No other qualification will be accepted on its behalf.
For Category – II one must have passed Matriculation or ITI.
Scout/ Guiding qualification: One should have good record of participation in scouts/ guides activities at National, State, Unit or District Level. Details of required qualifications are mentioned in notification.
Age Limit:As on July 01, 2013
Candidates applying for Category – I should be of age limit 18 years to 30 years while those applying for Category – II should be of 18 years to 33 years. Relaxation of 3 years to OBC and 5 years to SC/ ST is offered in upper age.
Group C shall get a pay scale of PB – 1 Rs.5200 – Rs. 20200 + GP Rs.1900/ Rs.2000
Group D shall get a pay scale of PB – 1 Rs.5200 – Rs. 20200 + GP Rs.1800
Application Fee & How to:
Aspirants should submit a fee of Rs. 40 either as demand draft or Indian postal order drawn in favour of ‘FA&CAO, Eastern Railway Kolkata’. Reserved categories are exempted from application fee.
Eligible candidates shall be selected on basis of written examination, Scouts and Guides qualification and interview conducted by authorities.
Mode of Application:
Only offline mode of application shall be entertained.
How To Apply:
Those who are interested shall send their duly filled applications in prescribed format to addresses mentioned in notification. However there are different mailing addresses for Group C and D. Applications sent only through ordinary post will be accepted only.
- For Group C Post – One may send the completed application in all manners to
Dy. Chief personnel officer(WS), E.Rly, Recruitment Section, 17, Netaji Subhas Road, Fairlie Place, Kolkata – 700 001
OR, One may drop the application in application box kept in the office of the Chief personnel officer, E.Rly, Welfare Section, 17, Netaji Subhas Road, Fairlie Place, Kolkata – 700 001
- For Group D Post – One may send the completed application in all manners according to the choice of Divisions / Workshops as listed below;
- The Divisional Railway Manager, Eastern Railway, DRM ’s Office, Asansol – 713301, (WB)
- The Divisional Railway Manager, Eastern Railway, DRM’s Office, Howrah – 711101, (WB)
- The Divisional Railway Manager, Eastern Railway, DRM’s Office, Jhaljhalia, Malda Town – 732102, (WB)
- The Divisional Railway Manager, Eastern Railway, DRM’s Office , Sealdah, Kolkata – 700 014 (WB)
- Chief Works Manager, Eastern Railway, Kanchrapara Works hop, Kanchrapara, 24 PGS (N) – 743145 (WB)
- Chief Works Manager, Eastern Railway, C&W Works hop, Liluah, Howrah – 711204 (WB)
- Chief Works Manager, Eastern Railway, Jamalpur Locomotive Workshop, Jamalpur, Munger – 811214 (Bihar)
Interested applicants shall visit the website www.rrcer.com for more information, or one may refer to official advertisement here Eastern Railway Recruitment 2013 Against Scout & Guide Quota.