North Central Railway is known as the Workhorse of Indian Railways which spreads across three divisions viz Allahabad, Jhansi and Agra, It extends from Ghaziabad (excl.) in the north to Mughalsarai (excl.) in the east on New Delhi Howarah trunk route and from Palwal (excl.) to Bina (excl.) on New Delhi Mumbai/ Chennai corridor. Rightly referred to as the heartbeat of Indian Railways, North Central Railway spans over parts of UP, Haryana, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh with about 3062 route kms of Broad Gauze comprising predominately, double-line electrified sections.
With its recent announcement, the North Central Railway, Allahabad has notified vacancies against Constable (Band) positions in the Railway Protection Force.
The details of the vacancies and the eligibility criteria thereof are mentioned as under:
- Last Date for application: 30 days from the date of this application publication
- Last date for candidates applying from far-flung areas: 37 days from the date of publication of notification
Details of vacancies:
- Constable (Band): TOTAL 18 Posts
Out of the total declared 18 posts, 3 posts will be reserved for SC, 1 for ST, 5 for OBC candidates, and remaining 9 posts are Unreserved.
Band equipment-wise vacancies:
- Bass Drum: 01 Vacancy
- Gymbal: 01 Vacancy
- Euphonium: 02 Vacancies
- Alto Saxophone: 01 Vacancy
- Trumpet: 03 Vacancies
- Piccolo: 01 Vacancy
- Side Drum: 01 Vacancy
- Brass Bass: 01 Vacancy
- Sleigh Trombone: 02 Vacancies
- Tenor Saxophone: 01 Vacancy
- Clarinet: 03 Vacancies
- Horn: 01 Vacancy
The candidates selected for the posts will be eligible for Pay Band-I with Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 and a Grade pay of Rs.2000 along with other allowances and perks.
Essential Eligibility Criteria:
- Minimum Educational Qualifications: The applicants should have completed Matriculation or equivalent examination along with 2 years of experience in operating the specified musical instrument. Ex-servicemen holding certificate in military music shall be permitted to apply.
- Age Limit:
Age (in completed years) for the recruitment is 18-27 years. However, upper age limit is relaxable for the specified categories to the extent as applicable.
- Physical Standards:
Height: 165 cm, Chest (unexpanded): 80 cm and Chest (expanded): 85 cm
Weight in proportion to height
Application Fees and Mode of Payment:
- For UR and OBC candidates: Rs.50
- For SC, ST, Ex-SM: Fees exempted
- The application fee is required to be paid in shape of crossed Demand Draft/ Bank Draft from any Nationalized Bank or IPO from any Post Office in favour of “Financial Advisor & Chief Accounts Officer (FA&CAO), North Central Railway – Allahabad” and should be payable at “Allahabad”
- No other modes of fee payment will be however acceptable
Mode of selection:
- The selection will be consisting of Physical Efficiency Test, Written Test, Trade Test, Document verification and Pre-recruitment Medical Examination.
How to apply:
- The application should be downloaded ONLY from NCR website www.ncr.indianrailways.gov.in or at http://www.ncr.indianrailways.gov.in/uploads/files/1376390042115-Band%20Recruitment%20Notification%20like%20C.Rly.pdf and should be printed or type-written on good quality A-4 size bond paper (80 GSM) using one side only.
- Candidates should fill up the application form in his/her own handwriting either in Hindi or in English with blue or black ball point pen only.
- One photograph of recent date should be pasted with dimensions of 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm along with the signature in the space provided, while an identical photo has to be submitted along with application form.
- Information on the nearest railway station needs to be given by the SC/ST candidates. Correspondence address with legible pin code is to be given. All the remaining columns should be filled up as required of the candidates.
- Candidates will have to send one application only.
- On the envelope containing the application it should be clearly be written as: “Application For Constable (band) in RPF”
- The applications must be sent through ORDINARY POST only
The application form should be addressed to:
IG cum Chief Security Commissioner/RPF
North Central Railway, Post Box No. 1-92,
Allahabad, PIN- 211015 (U.P.)