Railway Jobs 2013 – Indian Railways Invites Massive Opening Through Centralized Recruitment Of RRBs
Centralized Employment Notice No: 05/2012
Indian Railways has been honored as one of the 3rd largest employers in the world with its workforce counting up to 1.6 million. The majority of percentage being Group C and Group D employees there is a huge requirement of such employees who work in the base levels of operation. To make up the deficit of workforce arising out of modernization, expansion, vacancies against retired, diseased persons and vacancies against VRS schemes, Indian Railway is always in search of new recruitments to compensate the positions.
The year 2012 and upcoming year 2013 has been quite crucial from the employment perspective as Indian Railways is expected to offer open advertisement for procure of competent applicants in a huge number of various job positions. In continuation to this appeal, the Indian Railway has advertised opening for 825 numbers of vacancies (Staff Nurse, Health and Malaria Inspector, Pharmacist – III, X -Ray Tech./ Radiographer II, Lab Superintendent, Dialysis Technician, Cardiology Technician, Audiometrician Cum Speech Therapist, Physiotherapist, Extension Educator, Lab Superintendent (Clinical Psychologist in Medical Dept.), Janitor in Medical Department, Receptionist in Medical Department, Dietician, Ophthalmic Technician cum Optician, Dental (Oral) Hygienist, ECG Technician, Lab Assistant Gr. II, Field Worker).
Date of Notification: October 13, 2012
Opening Date of submission of Application: October 13, 2012
Closing Date of submission of Application: November 12, 2012 up-to 17.30 hrs
Closing Date of submission of Application for candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti districts and Pangi sub division of Chambadistrict of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman, Nicobar and Lakshwdeep islands and for candidates residing abroad: November 27, 2012 up-to 17.30 hrs
Exam Date: February 24, 2013
Note: Written Examination will be held on the same day by all participating RRBs.
Total Number of Vacancies: 825
Name of The Post along with corresponding vacancies:
Staff Nurse: 406 posts
Health and Malaria Inspector: 129 posts
Pharmacist – III: 187 posts
ECG Technician: 07 posts
X -Ray Tech./ Radiographer II : 22 posts
Lab Assistant Gr. II: 25 posts
Lab Superintendent: 13 posts
Dialysis Technician: 02 posts
Cardiology Technician: 02 posts
Audiometrician Cum Speech Therapist: 01 post
Physiotherapist: 07 posts
Extension Educator: 08 posts
Field Worker: 10 posts
Lab Superintendent (Clinical Psychologist in Medical Dept.): 01 post
Janitor in Medical Department: 01 post
Receptionist in Medical Department: 01 post
Dietician: 01 post
Ophthalmic Technician cum Optician: 01 post
Dental (Oral) Hygienist: 01 post
There will be no application fees for Scheduled communities like SC, ST, backward communities (Non Creamy Layer only), Women, Persons with Disabilities, and economically weaker sections whose household income is less than Rs.50000 per annum.
For Staff Nurse, Health and Malaria Inspector, Pharmacist – III, X -Ray Tech./ Radiographer II, Lab Superintendent, Dialysis Technician, Cardiology Technician, Audiometrician Cum Speech Therapist, Physiotherapist, Extension Educator, Lab Superintendent (Clinical Psychologist in Medical Dept.), Janitor in Medical Department, Receptionist in Medical Department, Dietician, Ophthalmic Technician cum Optician, Dental (Oral) Hygienist – Rs. 60
For ECG Technician, Lab Assistant Gr. II, Field Worker – Rs.40
- The applicants are requested to make a Demand Draft or Indian Postal Order for the above mentioned Application Fees in favor of “Chairman/ Member Secretary/ Secretary/ Assistant Secretary as per the specific Railway Recruitment Board” and should be payable at the city concerned with the RRB.
- The candidates need to note that the DD or the IPO prepared only after the date of issue of this advertisement will be accepted.
- Remittance in any other form will not be accepted.
The selection will be carried out in two phases:
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
- 1. Written Examination
- 2. Verification of Original Documents
- The candidates have the liberty to choose their preferred language (English/ Hindi/ Regional Language) for appearing the written test.
- There will be negative marking and for every 3 wrong answers 1 mark will be subtracted from the obtained mark.
- There is provision for applying for multiple posts and through separate and common application form. However, the candidates may do so while taking into consideration that the written examination will be held on the same day at the all India level.
Medical Fitness Test:
Depending upon the merit basis selection the candidates have to undergo a Medical Fitness Test prior to their final appointment. The requisite medical standards are published on the webpage of RRBs.
How to Apply:
- Only prescribed Application form should be used to apply for the posts. The application form should be neatly typed or printed out on a 80 GSM good quality A4 size paper.
- All concerned information columns should be filled up by the candidate with accuracy and authenticity
- Signature has be in running hands and should not be bold or capitalized.
- Two copies of recent color 3.5 cm X 3.5 cm photograph should be there (One has to be affixed on the application and other has to be stitched to the documents along with the application.)
- The final and complete application form should contain all necessary documents in support of Date of Birth, Educational Qualification, Mark Sheets, Claim against Relaxation, Caste Certificate, NOC from the previous employer (if in service with a PSU), Medical Certificate (for PWD), Discharge Certificate (for Ex-SM).
- The applications complete in all respect should reach the office of the RRB concerned by the last date for submission as per the dates enlisted above.
- Free Railway travel pass will be issued to SC/ST candidates if they enclosed their caste certificate during applying.
- The Management of RRBs reserves the right to alter, change or cancel the notification as required.
Check list for Applicants:
- Application form duly signed and filled in
- Filled in Information Sheet as per the format specified
- Demand Draft/ IPO valid for 3 months and prepared after the date of issue of this advertisement
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Academic and Technical qualification certificate
- Caste Certificate in prescribed format
- Discharge Certificate (for Ex-Servicemen)
- Medical Fitness Certificate (for PWD candidates)
- NO Objection Certificate from designated authorities (if applicant is a government employee/ railway employee)
- Economically Weaker Section Income proof as per the format mentioned
- Self declaration by Minorities
- Photocopy of the heavy driving license as required against certain specific posts
- All certificates must be self attested and/ or attested /issued by competent authorities are dimmed fit
- Any form of unfair means or canvassing will be dealt strictly and might ban the candidate from appearing subsequent examination of Indian Railways
- The decision of Chairman/ Member Secretary/ Secretary/ Assistant Secretary of the concerned Railway Recruitment Boards will be final and binding on aspirants.
For more detail on this recruitment such as participating RRBs, Railway Zones, Pay Scale, Category wise number of vacancies, Age limit as on January 01, 2013, education qualification required, reservation in age limit, and much more please refer to official advertisement from RRB here RRB Centralised Employment Notification Number 05 2012
Candidates are suggested to send the completed application form in all manners To, The Assistant Secretary to concerned RRB (Provided Below), along with requested documents. The envelope containing the application should be clearly superscribed “Application for the Post of ……….. Category No… Centralized Employment Notice No…… & Community (SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Ex-SM)”.
Application to be Addressed To, The Assistant Secretary
Railway Recruitment Board Ahmedabad
1st Floor, Meter Guage Building, Railway Station, Kalupur, Ahmedabad – 380 002, Gujarat
Railway Recruitment Board Ajmer
Nehru Marg, Near Ambedkar Circle, Ajmer – 305001, Rajasthan
Railway Recruitment Board Allahabad
Opposite to G.M./NCR Building, Near Subedarganj Railway Hospital, Subedarganj, Allahabad – 211 033, Uttar Pradesh
Railway Recruitment Board Bangalore
18, Millers Road, Bangalore – 560046, Karnataka
Railway Recruitment Board Bilaspur
General Manager/SECR’s Office Complex Bilaspur (C.G) Pin: 495 004, Chhattigarh
Railway Recruitment Board Bhopal
East Railway Colony, [Near Bhopal Railway Station], Bhopal – 462010, Madhya Pradesh
Railway Recruitment Board Bhubaneswar
D-79/80, Rail Vihar , B.D.A. Rental Colony, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar -751023, Orissa
Railway Recruitment Board Chandigarh
SCO 34, IInd Floor, Madhya Marg, Sector – 7-C, Chandigarh, Punjab
Railway Recruitment Board Chennai
Address: 5, Dr. P.V. Cherian Crescent Road, Egmore, Chennai – 600 008, Tamil Nadu
Railway Recruitment Board Gorakhpur
Address: Railway Station Road, Gorakhpur – 273012, Uttar Pradesh
Railway Recruitment Board Guwahati
Station Road, Guwahati, Assam
RRB Jammu & Srinagar
Railway Recruitment Board Jammu & Srinagar
Address: Railway Colony (West), Jammu-180012
Railway Recruitment Board Kolkata
Metro Railway A.V.Complex, Chitpur, Opp. To R. G. Kar Medical College & Hospital, R. G. Kar Road, Kolkata-700 037, West Bengal
Railway Recruitment Board Malda
Kalibari Railway Colony, P.O Jhaljhalia, Malda – 732102, West Bengal
Railway Recruitment Board Mumbai
Railway Divisional office compound, Mumbai Central, (E), Mumbai – 400 202, Maharashtra
Railway Recruitment Board Patna
Mahendrughat, Patna – 800 004, Bihar
Railway Recruitment Board Ranchi
Railway Offices Complex, Chutia, Ranchi-834027, Jharkhand
Railway Recruitment Board Secunderabad
South Lallaguda, Secunderabad– 500017, Andhra Pradesh
Railway Recruitment Board Thiruvananthapuram
Thampanoor, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 001, Kerala
Railway Recruitment Board, Muzaffarpur
Lichi Bagan, Maripur, Muzaffarpur-842001, Bihar
Railway Recruitment Board Siliguri
Subhashpally, Siliguri, District-Darjeeling-734001, West Bengal