Prospective Jobs As Railway Ticket Collector In India In The Spectrum Of Demand By Mass – RRB TC Recruitment Exam 2013 – RRB TC Jobs 2013 Notification, Vacancy, Eligibility, Recruitment Process, Application Form, Result, and much more.
Working in any capacity in the Indian Railways is a credit that few people would dare to let by in the country. Much because of these jobs being under the central government, such a trend is seen and also because these have a job security. Indian Railways, besides being the 2nd largest transportation network in the world, is also one of the biggest employers of the country. Through various examinations, this organisation recruits candidates for different posts, which are spread out from the top most positions of administrative officers of the Indian Administrative Services or IAS ranks to those who work in the rail lines such as hangman or wrench-man, which is in the lowest cadre jobs.
Rank structure in the Indian Railways
Among the various ranks of gazetted and non gazetted officers in Indian Railways, there are Group A and B recruits, who get posted as gazetted officers, while the Group C cadre people are into non gazetted ranks. Though some of this latter group are included in the officer category, many are also not denoted as officers. Thereafter, in the Group D category, no post is in the officer position. Ticket Collector jobs are included in the non technical non gazetted officer ranks of Group C, the recruitment of which is done by the individual Railway Recruitment Board or RRB.
Process of recruitment into the ticket collector positions
As per the status of the vacancies in the respective RRBs, advertisements for the post of Ticket collector are released. It may be done either for the single post or a group of posts in the Group C category. When such advertisements are posted by respective boards, interested candidates should submit their applications, provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria. It is easy to spot these vacancy ads because they are posted in the Employment News or Rojgar Samachar papers.
- To manage the recruitment in Group C, recruitment is done by the 20 RRBs which are set up in different parts of the country, to cater to the personnel selection in the 17 railway zones.
- For the post of Ticket Collectors, candidates need to be within the age limit of 18 to 27 years, with 12th pass for educational qualification in any discipline.
- To become eligible for the recruitment, candidates will have to sit for the written exams, conducted by the RRBs in centres of respective jurisdictions. In this written round, there are questions from general awareness, mathematics, general knowledge and aptitude, which basically is designed to test the conclusion drawing and reasoning abilities of the candidates.
- After the written exam, the qualified candidates are required to go through an interview round and then appear in the medical interview. It is only after clearing all the levels, the ticket collector jobs in India can be availed in the Indian Railways.
- The pay scale is also quite good for these posts, along with various other benefits like gratuity, medical allowances, provident funds and various other schemes, which make the jobs quite prospective, in terms of jobs in the government sector.
- After the selection list is finalised, the names of the candidates are forwarded to the respective zones, so that the zones can forward the provisional appointments to the successful candidates.
Lot of candidates are looking forward for the job advertisements for ticket collectors in their respective zones. Through these jobs, they get plenty of benefits which come along with the central government postings. Becoming a ticket collector requires the characteristics of patience and self confidence, since it is hard work to travel in trains regularly and interact with variety of people, keeping the exchequer of the government running by giving the best dedicated services.
We shall be updating you guys on Upcoming RRB TC Recruitment Jobs Notification 2013, Vacancy, Eligibility, Recruitment Process, Application Form, Result, and much more by posting each and every perspective on content and data Ref., Railway Ticket Collector (TC).
Post Author: Priyanka Singh