RRC Chennai Recruitment 2013 for 5450 Group D Vacancies in Pay Band-I And Grade Pay Rs.1800
Established in the year 2005-2006 the Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) Chennai was incorporated under the Southern Railways. The Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) Chennai was mainly set for the recruitment of staff of category Group D and Group C. Being one of the prominent Railway Divisions of India Southern Railway bears ample significance in overall Rail Transport System in India.
With the recent Notification from the Railway Recruitment Cell, Chennai, Southern Railway is inviting competent applications for filling up 5450 vacancies in Group D posts in the Pay Band-I and Grade Pay of Rs.1800.
The details of the eligibility criteria and the other essentials for application are detailed as under: Employment Notice No: RRC/02/2013
Most Important Dates:
- Starting Date of receipt of Completed Application: 21-Sept-2013
- Closing Date of receipt of Completed Application: 21-Oct-2013
- Closing Date and Time of receipt of Completed Applications from far-flung areas: 05-Nov-2013
Details of Vacancies: Total 5450 Posts
- Trackman (Engg): 1539 Vacancies
- Helper (Electl): 642 Vacancies
- Helper (S&T): 118 Vacancies
- SCP/Porter (Optg & Comml): 847 Vacancies
- Helper (Mech): 588 Vacancies
- Peon (Genl): 102 Vacancies
- Safaiwala (Medical): 132 Vacancies
- Store Khalasi (Stores): 92 Vacancies
- Helper Workshop (Mech): 757 Vacancies
- Helper Workshop (Elect): 107 Vacancies
- Helper (TMU): 261 Vacancies
- Peon/Mali/ Sanitary Cleaner/ Vendor/ Helper Gr. II: 252 Vacancies
- Track Maintainer Gr. IV: 13 Vacancies
Pay Scale Provisions:
- The selected applicants will be eligible for a Pay Scale in PB-I with Rs.5200-Rs.20200 and a Grade Pay of Rs.1800 along with other perks and remunerations (formerly Group-D scale)
Academic Eligibility Norms:
- The candidates who have completed 10th Standard/ SSC/ ITI qualification are eligible to apply for these posts.
- For the posts where there is not technical discipline, the experience will be counted
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
- The applicant should be within 18-33 years of age to be eligible to apply
- However, for SC/ST/PWD Candidates the relaxation will be in accordance with the government norms
- The candidates should be medically fit to join the service in Group ‘D’ cadre. They have to pass the Physical Efficiency Test in order to qualify
Application Fee and Form charges:
- For SC/ST/PWD/Women/Ex-SM/Minorities/Economically backward class: No application fee
- For Gen/ OBC: Rs.100 (Rupees One Hundred Only)
- The fee can be remitted in shape of a crossed Demand Draft from State Bank of India or its associate banks drawn in favor of “The Assistant Personnel Officer/ recruitment, RRC, Chennai – 600008” and should be Payable at Chennai
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of candidates will be done primarily through a competitive Objective type written test followed by Physical Efficiency Test and Skill Test as and when necessary.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through ONLINE mode of application as available at the website of the RRC Chennai at http://www.rrcchennai.org.in or through http://www.iroams.com/V1/applicationHome
- The applications forms should be read clearly and candidates should ensure facts and authentic information during applying Online.
- The applications can also be sent through the prescribed format as available from the above website
- In Offline mode (through the format of Application) the candidates have to complete their application form and attach that with other essentials like Caste certificate etc and send that to the address specified (below), so as to reach by the last date of receipt of application
- The envelope containing application should be super-scribed as “Application for the posts in Pay Band – 1 with Grade3 Pay of Rs.1800/- in Southern Railway & ICF”
- The address to send completed Application:
The Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment)
Railway Recruitment Cell, Southern Railway
3rd Floor, No.5, Dr. PV Cherian Crescent Road
Egmore, Chennai – 600 008