Northern Railway Announces Open Market Recruitment Drive For Group-D Posts
Employment Notice No. 220-E/Open Mkt./RRC/2012
Northern railway recruitment cell invites applications from bonafide Citizens of India, who are eligible by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India to fill up a total of 7368 posts in Pay Band-1 Rs.5200-20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.1800 in Divisions/ Workshops/ Units in the Northern Railways.
- Starting date for receipt of application by General Post/ Through Drop Box: 30th of August 2012
- End Date for receipt of Application: 15th of October 2012 till 1700 hours
- End Date for receipt of Application from candidates from far-flung areas: 30th of October 2012 till 1700 hours
Out of the total declared 7368 posts, 1105 will be reserved for SC, 543 for ST, 2006 for OBC and 221 posts will be reserved for PWD candidates in horizontal order.
- Candidates may note that all Zonal Railways are likely to issue Notification for recruitment for the various posts of Grade Pay Rs. 1800. However Written Examination will be held on same day/s, simultaneously by all Railways. Similarly, Physical Efficiency Test (PET) will also be held by all the Railways simultaneously.
- Applications only in A 4 size format will be accepted.
Applications will be strictly rejected on the following grounds:-
a) Unsigned/undated applications (Two places). Don’t sign in CAPITAL LETTERS.
b) Application without Thumb Impression
c) Application without Body Marks of Identification
d) Without Photo
e) Without Declaration in Running Handwriting
f) Without required fees (Please read carefully the notification). No Demand Draft will be accepted.
g) Without enclosing proper certificates.
h) More than one application sent by the same candidate.
i) Incomplete application in any form
j) Without PIN Code
k) Without correct code such as PH and Caste wherever applicable.
Various Positions intended to be filled up with this notification: (Please refer to the website of Northern Railways at www.rrcnr.org for details)
Various posts for which the vacancies are advertised as Traffic Porter, Pointsman, Gateman, Khalasi Helper, Trackman, Carriage Cleaner, DSL Khalasi, DSL Cleaner, Safaiwala, Hospital Attendant (Male & Female)
The application form should be addressed to:
Assistant Personnel Officer
Railway Recruitment Cell
Lajpat Nagar – I, New Delhi – 110 024
On the envelope containing the application it should be clearly be written
“APPLICATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO THE POSTS IN PAY BAND-1 (Rs. 5200-20200) + GRADE PAY RS.1800”, EMPLOYMENT NOTICE NO. 220- E/Open Mkt./RRC/2012
Essential Eligibility Criteria:
- Minimum Educational Qualifications: 10th Pass or ITI or equivalent (in respective disciplines as per the advertisement at the website at www.rrcnr.org)
- Candidates appearing /or awaiting results of 10th/ITI or equivalent on the date of application are NOT eligible to apply.
- Age Limit:
Age (in completed years) for the recruitment is 18-33 years reckoned as on 1st of January 2013.
- The upper age limit is relaxable for the following specified categories to the extent as applicable.
Application Fees and Mode of Payment:
Application fee – Rs 40/- only which can be paid in following three modes:
- Indian postal order of the requisite amount in favour of Assistant Personnel Officer, Railway Recruitment Cell, Lajpat Nagar – I, New Delhi – 110024, issued after 30th of August 2012 but before closing date of application.
- Fee can be deposited in any branch of the Central Bank of India by depositing Fee Payment Challan in the Accounts no.3199333906.
- Fee can also be deposited in any other Bank by using NEFT Code No CBIN0280311 as mentioned in the Fee Payment Challan.
- Candidates from backward classes, SC, ST, OBC, PWD, women, etc are exempted from paying the fee.
How to apply
- The application should be downloaded from RRC website on good quality A-4 size bond paper (80 GSM) using one side only.
- Candidates should fill up the application form in his/her own handwriting either in Hindi or in English with blue or black ball point pen only.
- One photograph of recent date should be pasted with dimensions of 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm along with the signature in the space provided, while an identical photo has to be submitted along with application form.
- Information on the nearest railway station needs to be given by the SC/ST candidates. Correspondence address with legible pin code is to be given. All the remaining columns should be filled up as required of the candidates.
- Candidates will have to send one application only.
Mode of selection:
- The recruitment procedure consists of Written Examination followed by Physical Efficiency Test (PET).
- Candidates who fulfil the eligibility conditions will be called for Written Examination. Admit card indicating date, time and venue will be sent to all the eligible candidates.
- Written Examination:
- Written Examination will consist of objective type multiple choice question paper based on 10th class standard to assess the General Knowledge, Awareness, Mathematics, Reasoning etc.
- The question paper will be printed in Hindi, English, Punjabi & Urdu only.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking for marking wrong answers. 1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Only those candidates who qualify in the Written Examination will be called for Physical Efficiency Test (PET).
- The candidates will be called for the verification of the original certificates based on basis of merit of the written examination and qualifying PET.
Enclosures to the Application:
- Candidates should enclose self-attested photocopies of the relevant certificates as mentioned below. Original certificates should not be enclosed.
- Fee Payment Challan for deposition of fee or IPO
- Certificates in proof of the Date of Birth, Only 10th class or school leaving certificate will be accepted.
- Certificates in proof of educational/technical qualifications from a authorized/approved Board/Institute.
- Community certificates for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC communities on prescribed format and issued by the appropriate authority strictly as per Annexure VI for SC/ST and Annexure VII & VIII for OBC.
- Physical Disability Certificate on Annexure IV for candidates applying against PWD/PH quota.
- Income certificate for economically OBC candidates availing fee concession on annexure III
- Self-declaration on Annexure II for candidates belonging to minority communities availing fee concession