South East Central Railway Recruitment 2014 For 1206 Vacancies In Pay Band I And Grade Pay Rs.1800
Indian Railways has always offered an excellent opportunity for people to frame a career of their choice. South East Central Railway is newly formed and is one of the 16 Railway zones of the country. Even though it is relatively a new zone, its presence covering the industrially developed areas helps significantly in the communication between various regions. The recruitment in Indian Railways is being carried out on zonal levels through various RRBs and RRCs. The Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) of the South East Central Railway (SECR) in Bilaspur makes the recruitment of Group C and Group D posts in the zone.
With a view to fill certain vacancies in the Pay Band I (erstwhile Group-D) positions, RRC-SECR invites applications from eligible persons to fill up various positions in the Pay Band – I in the scale of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 + Grade Pay of Rs 1800. Those persons who fulfill the eligibility requirement norms can apply for these positions through the prescribed format of application.
The details of the eligibility criteria and the essential credentials are mentioned as under:
Most Important Dates:
- Date of publication of notification: 14-Dec-2013
- Closing Date and Time of Receipt of Completed Application: 24-Jan-2014 till 1700 hours
- Last Date for receipt of Completed Application from far-flung areas: 10-Feb-2014
Posts to be Filled Up & Number of Vacancies: Total 1206 vacancies
- 1206 Positions will be filled in PB-I Posts such as Helper, Khalasi, Goods Hamal, Parcel Porter, Safaiwala, Assistant Pointsman etc.
Reservation of vacancies:
- SC-181, ST-90, OBC-325, UR-610 out of which Ex-SM-242, & PWD-10 posts
Pay Scale Provisions:
- The selected persons against these vacancies will be eligible for a Pay Scale in PB-I with Rs.5200-Rs.20200 and a Grade Pay of Rs.1800 along with other perks and remunerations as per the provisions of Indian Railway
- The candidates should have completed Matriculation or passed ITI or equivalent.
- Candidates who are awaiting results for Matriculation/ ITI need not apply against these posts
- Candidates having higher educational qualification may also apply for these posts.
- The applicant should be within 18-33 years of age as on 01-Jan-2014
- However, relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable for candidates as per the existing norms
- Matriculation Certificate, School Leaving Certificate and Birth Certificate issued by competent authorities will only be considered as the proof of age.
- The persons should be medically fit as per the requisite Railway Medical Standards to join the service in PB-I cadre
Application Fee and Form charges:
- For Unreserved and OBC: Rs.100
- For SC/ ST/ Minority/ Women/ PWD/ Ex-SM: No application fee
- The fees can be paid in shape of a Crossed Indian Postal Order drawn in favor of “Assistant Personal Officer, Railway Recruitment Cell, South East Central Railway, Bilaspur” and should be payable at Bilaspur.
- The fee can also be remitted in shape of a Bank challan as available at the website of the SECR in State Bank of India, Main Branch, Bilaspur, in the RRC-SECR Account No: 33344526197
- In no case the IPO should be obtained before 14-Dec-2013 (date of publication of notification)
- Any other form of fee remittance except Challan/ IPO will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of candidates will be done primarily through a Written Examination followed by Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Medical Examination.
- The applicants should be medically fit to join the Indian Railways.
- No Interview will be conducted for these posts.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through prescribed format of application as available at the website of the RRC-SECR Bilaspur at www.secr.indianrailways.gov.in
- The applications forms should be typed on a Good quality A4 size 85 GSM paper and must be printed on single side only.
- The application must be filled with Capital Letters only
- The candidates have to complete their application form and attach that with their other essentials like Caste certificate etc and send that to the address specified (below), so as to reach by the last date of receipt of application
- The envelope containing application should be super-scribed as “Employment Notice No. SECR/04/2013, Recruitment in Pay Grade Rs.1800 (Group-D) Posts”
- The address to send completed Application:
The Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment)
Railway Recruitment Cell, South East Central Railway,
RTS Colony, Near Kendriya Vidyalaya, Bilaspur, CG – 495004.