West Central Railway Recruitment 2014 For 4517 Vacancies In Pay Band I And Grade Pay Rs.1800
Indian Railways has always offered an excellent opportunity for people to frame a career of their choice. The recruitment in Indian Railways is being carried out on zonal levels through various RRBs and RRCs. One of the most promising Railway Recruitment Cells (RRC) is Railway Recruitment Cell of the West Central Railway (WCR) in Jabalpur.
With a view to fill certain vacancies in the Pay Band I (erstwhile Group-D) positions, RRC-WCR invites applications from eligible persons to fill up various positions in the Pay Band – I in the range of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 + Grade Pay of Rs 1800. Those persons who fulfill the eligibility requirement norms are eligible to apply for these positions through the prescribed format of application.
The details of the eligibility criteria and the essential credentials are mentioned as under:
Most Important Dates:
- Date of publication of notification: 14-Dec-2013
- Closing Date and Time of Receipt of Completed Application: 15-Jan-2014 till 1800 hours
- Last Date for receipt of Completed Application from far-flung areas: 30-Jan-2014
Posts to be Filled Up & Number of Vacancies: Total 4517 vacancies
- PB-I Posts such as Helper, Khalasi, Parcel Porter, Safaiwala, Assistant Pointsman etc.: 4517 Positions
- Reservation: UR-1823, SC-544, ST-271, OBC-978, Ex-SM-903 Out of which PWD-135 posts
Pay Scale Provisions:
- The selected applicants will be eligible for a Pay Scale in PB-I with Rs.5200-Rs.20200 and a Grade Pay of Rs.1800 along with other perks and remunerations
- The candidates who have completed Matriculation or passed ITI or equivalent are eligible for these posts.
- Candidates who are awaiting results need not apply against these posts
- Candidates having higher educational qualification may also apply for these posts.
- The applicant should be within 18-33 years of age as on 01-Jan-2014
- However, relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable for candidates as per the prevailing norms
- Matriculation Certificate, Birth Certificate and School Leaving Certificate will only be considered as the proof of age.
- The persons should be medically fit as per the requisite Medical Standards to join the service in Group ‘D’ cadre (PB-I cadre)
Application Fee and Form charges:
- For Unreserved and OBC: Rs.100
- For SC/ ST/ Minority/ Women/ PWD/ Ex-SM: No application fee
- The fees can be paid in shape of a Crossed Demand Draft/ Indian Postal Order drawn in favor of “FA & CAO, West Central Railway, Jabalpur” and should be payable at Jabalpur.
- In no case the DD/ IPO should be obtained before 14-Dec-2013 (date of publication of notification)
- Any other form of fee remittance except DD/ IPO will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of candidates will be done primarily through a Written Examination followed by Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination.
- The applicants should be medically fit to join the service of Indian Railways.
- Allotment of post will be done on the basis of merit-cum-medical fitness along with choice of the candidate.
- No Written Test or Interview will be conducted for these posts.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through prescribed format of application as available at the website of the RRC-WCR Jabalpur at http://www.wcr.indianrailways.gov.in/
- The applications forms should be typed on a Good quality A4 size paper and must be printed on single side only.
- The application must be filled with Capital Letters only
- The candidates have to complete their application form and attach that with their other essentials like Caste certificate etc and send that to the address specified (below), so as to reach by the last date of receipt of application
- The envelope containing application should be super-scribed as “Employment Notice No. 02/2013, Recruitment in Pay Grade Rs.1800 (Group-D) Posts”
- The address to send completed Application:
The Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment)
Railway Recruitment Cell, West Central Railway,
RB-III/ 422/1-2, Nehru Railway Colony, Howbagh, Jabalpur,
Madhya Pradesh – 482001.