Western Railway Announces Special Recruitment Drive Against Scouts and Guides Quota
Employment Notice No. WR/HQ/R&T/S&G/1/2012-13 Date: 21st of July 2012
Indian Education system is inclusive of a special extracurricular wing of Scouts and Guides where students devote some of their academic time in serving the nation through these special branches. There is also another special service of National Cadet Corps (NCC) where people serve the country as a student.
For Scouts and Guides there are some quota provisions in employment sector, where people who have got appropriate Scouts and Guides certificate. There is a special announcement from the Western railway to recruit candidates with Presidential Scout/ Himalayan Wood Badge honor.
Basic eligibility criteria:
Nationality: Any candidate interested for this post must be an Indian citizen
Scouts and Guides Certification:
President’s Scout/ Guide/ Rover/ Ranger OR Himalayan Wood Badge Holder OR a Pre-HWB trained Scout Leader/ Advanced Trained Guide/ Leader/ Captain
- And, should have been an active member (during 2009 – 2012) of a Scout Organization for at least 3 years in the recent past and should continue to be active,
- And, should have attended at least one event at National level and one or two events at State level
- OR, should have a good record of participation in Scouts/ Guides activities at Unit/ District level
Academics: Matriculation with min 50% (which is not applicable for SC, ST, Ex-SM) as per rules
Total numbers of post to be filled up: 02 posts
Place of Posting: Under any Division in Western Railway.
Category of Post: Group C, Category -1
Website for reference: www.wr.indianrailways.gov.in
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
Starting date for receipt of application: 21st of July 2012
Last date for submitting completed application form: 21st of August 2012 till 1700 hours
Last date for submission of application for far flung areas: 5th of September 2012 till 1700 hours
Details of Vacancies:
- Category 1/ Group C: Vacancies 02 posts – Pay Scale: Rs.5200-20200 & GP Rs.1900/ or GP of Rs.2000 in PB-I – Age-18-30 years (Relaxation in upper age is applicable in case of SC/ ST and OBC candidates)
- Rs.40 (Rupees forty only) is payable either in form of Demand Draft (DD) / Indian Postal Order (IPO) drawn in favor of ‘Chief Cashier, Western Railway, ChurchGate’ payable at Mumbai.
- There will be no fees for SC, ST, OBC & Ex-Servicemen candidates.
Age: The Age for all the posts is maintained in a frame of 18-30 yrs (General), 18-33 yrs (OBC), and 18-35 yrs (SC / ST). The age will be reckoned on 1st of January 2013.
Mode of Question Papers: The candidates can choose from the English and Hindi version of question papers for Written examination.
There will be a written examination followed by verification of documents and a personal Interview if required. The candidates will be selected on the basis of their merit performance only.
How to apply:
- The candidates can download the application form from the web portal of Eastern Railway at www.wr.indianrailways.gov.in and print it on a good quality A4 size, 80 GSM bond paper
- The application form has to be filled in the candidates own handwriting
- The application form must be filled up in blue/ black ink only
- All the spaces on the application form should be filled with factual information
- The candidate must attach a photograph and his running signature on the application form at the space provided
- The applications can be sent by ORDINARY POST or can be dropped in the specific drop box at the Western Railway Headquarters at the address mentioned below. No other mode of application will be received.
- The application form filled in all respect must be sent to the address mentioned below:
Assistant Personnel Officer (R&T)
Western Railway, 3rd Floor, GLO Building
Headquarter Office, Churchgate, Mumbai-400 020
- The application form must be sealed in an envelope with all required documents and must be superscripted as “APPLICATION FOR Scouts & Guides Quota of WESTERN Railway for the year 2012-13 FOR EMPLOYMENT IN W.RLY.”
- Only one application from each candidate for a single post will be accepted.
- The decision of Western Railway Recruitment Board will be final and binding on the candidates.